8scoops

Monday, July 26, 2004

Its only words but words are all i have to take your heart away....

hey colour! ahem serious face here.

The Lyrics of songs use to be so important [despite the fact i commonly replaced words with others that nobody but i can hear ooh spooky] hence my distaste of Popsongs. But lately its the music that has been getting me with the result that the words are ignored. What if any should come first?

I cite any Boyband Britney song funny cliche lyrics undeniably catchy tune. Does anyone listen to Rove on the Radio they have this great Musical Mircoscopes bit where they take the songs apart in of course a funny manner.

the Fran Ferdinand [if he was not shot would there have been a 'Great' war?] 'take me out song 'caught me along with its beat so i assumed it was a song about a guy asking a girl to take him out as in a date but the lyrics make me wonder is this the first sniper/love song?
"
So if you're lonely
You know I'm here waiting for you
I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
And if you leave here
You leave me broken, shattered, I lie
I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot, then we can die

I know I won't be leaving here with you
[hit that guitar! i assume its one anyway]
I say don't you know
You say you don't go
I say... take me out!

odd ha?

bonus points for whoever can ID the band and song that the subject title comes from. an oldie but a goodie

-Tea anybody?
up next my ramble on Spidey2, why oh why T3 and missing those afternoon carTOONs.

3 Comments:

  • who the hell sang that song? i've asked so many people and no one can remember exactly. Now there are all these people walking around with 'it's only words...' stuck in their heads-do you see what you have started??

    your thoughts on the cause of the first WW, the death of lyrics and the genesis of the sniper/love song genre are interesting. I don't think lyrics are dead-depends on whom you're listening to. And i don't think i've heard that song before.

    By Blogger 8scoops, at July 31, 2004 at 10:09 PM  

  • ah my little stumped friend i believe it is by the Bee Gees and has been redone many times off the top of my head by boybands such as the former Boyzone in which Ronan Keating was lead singer.

    WOW the 'FF' [not the fantasic four you comic lovers] are here on tour and have been busy little promoters and the song is pretty popular on radio. its got a great beat.

    By Blogger 8scoops, at August 2, 2004 at 9:37 PM  

  • ok my guess is that the mysterious commentator is umm the butler! what no? umm Somebody on cloud 9?

    By Blogger 8scoops, at August 2, 2004 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home